Sunday, August 21, 2011

16 weeks, plus a few days


Welcome to the Lawrence Family baby blog!

While I am a little behind on starting this blog; better late than never! For those of you who don't know we are having a baby! Our bundle should arrive around February 3, 2012.

Because I'm behind I thought I would catch everyone up...

My first trimester was less than perfect...to say the least! Morning sickness abound, exhausted all the time, and overall feeling like I had been hit by train all the time. Just eating was a battle in itself. Eventually, I found a method for eating that worked, but it was rough for a while. At first I thought I was going to get a way with not having "all day morning sickness", but it hit me like a ton of bricks around 7 weeks. Thankfully, it started to fade around 11 weeks and was gone by 13 weeks. The babies heartbeat is good and is growing healthily. My next appointment (at 20 weeks) is the "Anatomy and Growth Evaluation" or "big ultrasound" and when we could find out the gender of the baby. Here is the kicker...we are NOT finding out the sex! Take a minute to gasp and say "WHY NOT?!". The simple answer is, we want to be surprised. So to all of you who can't wait to know...sorry! Until we get to meet our little one it's going to be our "little bit".

As of now, I don't really have much of a bump. It looks more like a food baby. Honestly, I feel pretty good these days. My second trimester has definitely been a honeymoon compared to the first. It's almost like you wake up one day and think, "There is a light at the end of the tunnel!"



I'm sure in a few months I will look at this picture and wish I felt as good as I do now. Ha! Right now, the baby weighs about 3 1/2 ounces and is about the size of an Avocado.




A few things I've learned:
  • All of your maternity books tell you to buy a three way mirror. DO IT! You spend so much time paying attention to your belly that you forget that as your belly grows, so does your butt. It's very unfortunate!
  • Everyone will give you advice...acquaintances, strangers, friends, and family. You start to feel like you are wearing a sign that says, "I need advice all the time". Haha! Just smile sweetly and say something affirming. It's much easier to play along.
  • Food starts to taste so much better. Once I got past my initial aversion to food, I was shocked by how good something simple like plain oatmeal tasted. Who knew?!

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you! We waited until Delaney was born to find out that she was a girl and it was an awesome surprise! JD saw the umbilical cord and thought it was another boy, we all got a good laugh! Looking forward to keeping up with you through your blog! Congrats, again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS BLOG! : ) you already know I'm excited about little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahooo!!!! I can't wait to see you in November!

    ReplyDelete