Monday, December 26, 2011

34 Weeks and Few Days....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and is resting to celebrate the coming of a new year. Christmas at the Lawrence house was a full of fun and friends. Tyson and I didn't go to Arkansas for Christmas this year because we are getting close to my due date. I was able to squeeze in my last work trip last week and I made it back to Denver in time for a big snowstorm. All the snow we got last week caused lots of travel delays, so I think we were meant to stay home this year. We spent time with Tyson's Dad and Pat on Christmas Eve and hosted dinner for friends on Christmas Day.

Now on to the baby. The baby weighs about 4.75 lbs. and is about 18 in. long. The baby, likely, has dreams while it sleeps and it's fingernails have reached the end of it's finger tips. The baby will also continue to put on fat until I deliver. The baby is big enough now that it's running out of room to move around. This means that when the baby is moving around it feels and looks like BIG movements because it's moving directly against the walls of my womb. I have to say I've been struggling this week because I've become more uncomfortable, much more hormonal/irritable/less patient (Tyson has been a champion for putting up with me) and I can definitely tell my energy level has decreased.

This week the babies size is comparable to a cantaloupe.







I washed all the babies clothes and blankets this week, Tyson put the crib and bassinet together last weekend, and I ordered the crib mattress today. All I can say is, we are definitely on the way to being ready for the babies arrival.

Now onto our Christmas fun and pictures. We re-stuffed the dogs beds with memory foam mattresses so now their beds are really plush and comfortable. They've been thoroughly enjoying them.



My Dad got me a pair of snowshoes, for Christmas, so I can go snowshoeing in the mountains...after the baby is born of course.



The dogs were pretty amused by my snowshoes...



I bought Tyson a pair of snow boots. His feet will be toasty warm and dry when he's out in the snow now! He says his feet are definitely warm in these bad boys.





We had a great Christmas morning together. It was nice to have Christmas to ourselves. Come next year things will be very different... This week is Tyson's birthday and New Year's, so the celebration will continue through the week. I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment