Well, everyone I am once again behind. Ha! I've been out of town a lot lately so I haven't been as diligent as I should. This past Monday I had my 28 week appointment. Along with my Dr. appointment, I had a Glucose Tolerance Test and another ultrasound. My Dr. did another ultrasound to check on the growth of my placenta. At my 20 week ultrasound my placenta was sitting on the edge of my cervix. My Dr. figured it would move and scheduled an ultrasound at 28 weeks just to be safe. Well, my placenta is still sitting on the edge of my cervix and if it doesn't move by 32 weeks my Dr. is going to schedule me for a C-section. Honestly, I was really upset about the prospects of having a C-section. I've spent my entire pregnancy preparing myself for a natural, unmedicated birth and wanting the experience of being the one to bring our baby into the world. I know a C-section is the safest thing for me and the baby, but I still feel a sense of loss because I won't have the "experience". After talking to a very sweet friend (THANK YOU BROOKE!), I feel much better. Regardless of how I deliver we will still have our little one in the end. That is the most important thing! There is still time for my placenta to move, but if it doesn't it will be fine either way.
Well, onto the good stuff. The baby is measuring at 2.5 lbs and about 15 inches longs. Now the baby will start to quickly put on fat and plump up for it's arrival. I made friends with the ultrasound tech during my appointment and she, sweetly, took some 3-D pictures of the baby along with the normal ultrasound pictures. Usually 3-D ultrasounds provide the best pictures around 30 weeks when the baby has put on more fat, but I still think mine turned pretty good for being on the fly. So, here is the 3-D debut of the baby (please note we aren't finding out the gender and the baby is constantly moving!).
I promise there isn't a hole in the side of the babies head...it's the shadowing of the skull and the suture lines of skull will disappear once the baby puts more fat on.
It's time for the fruit and veggie comparison! Tomorrow I'll be 29 weeks and the baby is the size of a.... Butternut Squash! Which coincidentally are one of my favorite vegetables.

Well, I'm signing off for this week. We will be in Arkansas next week for Thanksgiving and my baby shower so I'll have more pictures to come. Also, I'll do a mini post belly picture post at the beginning of next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment