Monday, September 5, 2011

18 weeks and a few days


I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!

This past week has been the week of dreams and less sleep. I have always enjoyed the fact that I am pretty good sleeper, but lately I haven't been sleeping very well. I sleep for a few hours and then I spend the rest of night dreaming and sleeping off and on. Most of the books I've read talk about how you dream more vividly during pregnancy. I would say my dreams are more random... I dream about telescopes (I know...it's weird!), my friends, flashbacks to when I was in high school, about driving around in my car, strangers, etc. I dream so much that I feel like it interrupts my sleep. When you are dreaming you are supposed to be in a deeper sleep, compared to when you aren't dreaming, but lately it's been causing me to wake up more often during the night. Dreaming is fun, but I kind if wish I could do it less so I could sleep better!

This weekend marks two weeks till we move to our bigger place. Right now, we live in a one bedroom condo close to downtown and a lots of stuff to do. While we love where we live, once we found out I was pregnant we knew we had to find a bigger place. So, we found a house and we move on September 15th. The closer we get to our move date the more excited I get because we will have lots more room and our dogs will have a backyard to play in. So, this weekend we started the dreaded packing process. In a word...yuck! It's inevitable, but still no fun. Even the dogs don't think moving is very fun...




For those of you who haven't had the chance to get acquainted with our bubs...Tassa is the one in the front and Tucker is the one in the back.

Now for the much awaited belly picture. Feast your eyes everyone...it's getting bigger! Please forgive my ragged appearance, but its a holiday weekend so all efforts to look nice are off! Ha!




This week the baby is about 5-6 inches long and weighs about 7 ounces. I read about two different comparisons for the size of my baby. So, here goes.




We either have a dill pickle or....



I prefer the bell pepper, but I thought the dill pickle was kind of funny! This past week people have started to notice my bump more and more. It's fun that people notice, but sometimes I run out of creative and cute responses. It could be worse...people could be trying to touch my belly already. Ha!


1 comment:

  1. I would totally be touching your belly! Probably just to weird you out but touching non the less!

    ReplyDelete