Sunday, September 25, 2011

21 Weeks and Counting!

This past week has been a big week for us. We had our "growth and development" ultrasound this past Monday, which was very exciting. During the ultrasound the doctor was unable to get a clear image of the Corpus Callosum. The Corpus Callosum is the fibrous part of the brain that allows the two hemispheres of the brain to communicate with one another. So, my doctor sent us to a high risk pregnancy specialist for another ultrasound. At first, I wasn't really worried about it...I figured she was just sending us as a precaution. Unfortunately, I started looking at "Dr. Google" (as Tyson likes to say) and read everything I probably shouldn't have. Of course, I started freaking out immediately! I know, I know...everything you read on the internet should only be taken as a grain of salt considering I'm not a Obstetrician. The only excuse I have is that I'm an emotional pregnant woman who was curious and worried; a horrible combination. We had our appointment at the Antepartum Testing Unit on Friday and met with a high risk pregnancy Obstetrician. As it turns out, our little ones Corpus Callosum is fully developed and is very healthy. The doctor was able see that all parts of it's brain are fully developed. HURRAY!!! She went over all the gross anatomy again and said that it appears that we have a very healthy little one. Talk about two very relieved parents-to-be!

We had a busy weekend of chores too. We (mostly Tyson) finished unpacking, putting our bookshelves together, assembling baby furniture, worked on the yard, and cleaned our old apartment so we could do the final walk through. I have a wonderful husband and I'm ready for another weekend!



Tyson was checking out his handy work (spreading grass seed)

On to everyone's favorite part of the blog...the baby bump picture and stats. This week our little one weighs about 12 ounces and is about 10 1/2 inches long. It's about as long as a carrot!



The baby has been moving around a lot! Right now, it's breech (right side up) and has been using my bladder as a trampoline. I'm ready for the baby to turn. The baby's movement has become more forceful and doesn't feel like just little nudges or pokes anymore. It now feels, mostly, like kicks. I hope over the next couple weeks Tyson will be able to feel the baby move! It seems like the baby is most active late morning into early afternoon. It moves around when I first wake up in the morning too. It's almost like the baby is telling me "Good Morning!".



I feel like my belly has grown a lot over the past couple weeks.






Even though our weekend was successful and started with good news, we did get some very sad news. My grandpa passed away, very suddenly, on Saturday. We will be heading home this week to spend time with my family and the attend his service. While it will be wonderful to see my family, it's a very sad loss as well.

I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Love the house, Love the belly and the stats. So sad to hear about your Grandpa. Love you.

    ReplyDelete