Sunday, September 11, 2011

19 weeks and few days

Here we are, almost half way there. We hit a milestone this week. I felt the baby move for the first time! It wasn't much, but as soon as it happened I knew what it was. So far, it's been one of the best things about my pregnancy. It felt like a small poke or a nudge...I think I would have easily missed it if I hadn't been waiting for it to happen. It was truly one of the most amazing things I've ever felt. Everyone talks about how wonderful it is to feel your baby move for the first time, but you never really know how great it is till you actually feel it. I think it's the closest thing to a miracle I've ever experienced.

It's here, it's here! We finally move this week! We spent all of Saturday finishing packing so we can start moving our stuff on Thursday. The dogs don't know it yet, but they are going to have a backyard! YEAH! That means no more taking them out when it's cold or raining...they can take themselves out now. Along with packing we also spent some time at IKEA looking at baby furniture. Needless to say, Tyson was definitely not prepared for all that is IKEA. We went to look at cribs, but they aren't going to be available for another two months because they had to do 'safety modifications' on all their cribs...basically they had redesign their cribs to they wouldn't have the sliding gate anymore. We didn't get a crib, but I found lots of other house items...of course! Before we even left the store Tyson told me I wasn't allowed to go to IKEA by myself...I found it very easy to 'need' tons of stuff! Haha!

So, lots of people have been asking me about pregnancy inspired food cravings. Honestly, I don't really crave 'out of the ordinary' foods. One thing I have been loving is peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches. That's right...just plain peanut butter and jelly! I'm convinced it's a kick back to my childhood. For some reason I can't get enough of them...I like them so much that I'm likely to growl at anyone who might ask for a bite. Haha!

This week the baby is only weighs a little over half a pound and is only a little longer than a dollar bill. It's hard to believe that my baby bump is a big as it is, but the baby is still so tiny!





This week the baby is about 6-7 inches long and weighs about 8.5 ounces. It's size is comparable to a mango!




Here is a funny addition to my belly pictures. Tucker was very curious as to what all the fuss was about. Tassa wasn't as interested..I think she felt that lounging on the bed was a better use of her time.



I hope everyone has a good week! I'll post pictures of our new house with my next post.

P.S. I wanted to say congratulations to my brother Joe and sister-in-law Roya! They are going to welcome their little one in March 2012! Congratulations guys!!! Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment