This past Friday was the 23 week mark for me and I all the sudden realized how fast my pregnancy is going. It's kind of scary and really exciting at the same time. The baby's movements have been much stronger lately. It no longer feels like little nudges or pokes...now it's kicks and jabs. I have my 24 week appointment this coming Friday and I think I might have another ultrasound. At my last ultrasound they found the placenta was resting close to the bottom of my uterus and wanted to follow up in a month to make sure it was growing up the side of my uterus, instead of across. So that means we get to see the baby again! Now, that its growing faster it's really cool to be able to see how much it grows over the course of a few weeks.
As I move through my 23rd week the baby is starting to put on more body fat and the face is fully formed. It's about 11 inches long and weighs anywhere between 12.7 to 20 oz. At my 20 week ultrasound it was measuring about 12 oz, so it's probably on the higher end of the spectrum by now. My bump doesn't look much bigger, but it is starting to feel bigger.
This week's fruit and veggie comparison is a Papaya! I think I like this one the best...so far
It feels more basketball-esque this week.
What else is going on in our life...
This past weekend has been the first cold weekend we've had. It was nice on Friday, but we woke up to sleet/rain and COLD temperatures on Saturday. Needless, to say I was not ready for the cold and felt like I had to say my goodbyes to summer. Tyson even had to break out his cold weather, Halo playing outfit! I thought his ensemble looked so funny/cute I took a picture of it. Enjoy!
In other news, I started a new job (within my same company) today. My new job will require much less travel than my old one, so that will be good for our expanding family. I will very much miss my old role and the teammates, but since I'm with the same company I won't be too far away and will still be able to catch up with them. Overall, the new opportunity I was given will be really good for our family and that's what counts.
Until next week! Have a good week!
This past weekend has been the first cold weekend we've had. It was nice on Friday, but we woke up to sleet/rain and COLD temperatures on Saturday. Needless, to say I was not ready for the cold and felt like I had to say my goodbyes to summer. Tyson even had to break out his cold weather, Halo playing outfit! I thought his ensemble looked so funny/cute I took a picture of it. Enjoy!
He is so good about putting up with my antics. He even smiled for the pictures while I was trying not laugh so hard I could've cried. Do you notice all the pillows stacked up behind for support?!
In other news, I started a new job (within my same company) today. My new job will require much less travel than my old one, so that will be good for our expanding family. I will very much miss my old role and the teammates, but since I'm with the same company I won't be too far away and will still be able to catch up with them. Overall, the new opportunity I was given will be really good for our family and that's what counts.
Until next week! Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment