Sunday, October 2, 2011

22 Weeks!

It's been a busy week for the Lawrence household. My grandfather passed away last weekend, so Tyson and I made a last minute trip to Arkansas this week. It was wonderful to see all of my family and most of my extended family, but I genuinely wish it could have been under different circumstances. It was a short trip and we are both tired, but it was very much worth it. We even made some time to go to La Huerta! YUM!!! From what I could tell the baby loves La Huerta just like its parents. My parents were able to hear the baby's heart beat and it was great to have the opportunity to spend time with parents and siblings...even though it was short. Roya, my sister in law, rented a fetal heart rate monitor so we were able to hear her baby's heart beat as well.




No new baby updates this week. It has been really active, which based on our ultrasounds isn't surprising, and it tends to move around a lot when I attempt to take a nap. I love to feel the baby move and I like to take naps, so you can see my predicament. I know what everyone is thinking...I guess I better get used to it. This week the baby weighs almost a pound and is about 11 inches long. Drum roll please...

This week the baby is about the size of a spaghetti squash



It's pretty hard to believe it's that big already! My belly is becoming more round as well. I feel like it's becoming more obvious that I'm pregnant.






How I've been feeling lately:
  • Overall, I feel pretty good.
  • Right now, the baby is breech so it does a jig on my bladder on a regular basis. All the movement can make conference calls and my morning runs kind of dicey.
  • I've been feeling like I don't get around as quickly as a used to. Sometimes making fast movements can be kind of uncomfortable and I don't walk as fast anymore.
  • I've found it takes more time for me to get comfortable when going to sleep at night. It seems to require lots of pillows and Tyson giving up most of his half of the bed. Love you hunny!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you know but your last 3 bullet points only get worse...especially the last one. You'll be amazed how many times you can need to pee a night!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! Yes, I am going to say that every time you post a picture. Sorry you had to go home under those circumstances. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete